Managers and Supervisors
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This high-impact course teaches a no-nonsense approach to
strategic planning that sharply focuses your efforts on future profit, growth
and survival. You’ll learn proven concepts and practical tools needed to develop
and implement your own plan. Whether you’re a company executive or a team
leader, you’ll gain valuable skills for leading and understanding company growth
- Establish strategic planning that fits your business.
- Focus efforts and resources on truly important factors.
- Identify and evaluate threats, challenges and opportunities.
- Set realistic objectives to support your strategies and guiding
- Manage the ever-changing developments of your business environment.
- Define strategic planning and identify the primary drivers.
- Identify the 3 major categories of strategic planning.
- Understand the top-down concepts of strategic planning.
- Utilize the Planning Hierarchy—the statement of vision, strategic
planning and tactical planning.
- Identify the strategic planning do's and don'ts.
- Validate the vision of your organization.
- Determine your strategic window.
- Pinpoint where your organization is on the industry lifecycle.
- Select (or validate) a generic competitive strategy.
- Conduct a competitive and economic market analysis.
- Define (or validate) a statement of mission.
- Determine plan objectives.
- Plan the drivers (items to be used as benchmarks for your plan).
- Determine an initiative (who does what and when).
- Prepare contingencies for your plan.