Managers and Supervisors
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
As a leader, your communication skills are your most
important asset. This skill-packed program will help you better communicate with
your employees, respond to conflict, handle difficult situations, and build
professional relationships. Learn interpersonal skills to help you conquer
office politics, develop rapport, and defuse bad situations. Increase
cooperation, enthusiasm, personal productivity, and, most importantly, job
- Understand and adjust to personality differences.
- Recognize non-verbal communication.
- Assertively communicate.
- Handle difficult employees and situations.
- Resolve conflict and defuse anger.
- Build solid rapport with employees.
- Pinpoint the reasons, goals and purposes of effective communication.
- Discover your own personality style and recognize the styles of others.
- Understand gender and cultural differences.
- Make great first impressions.
- Use body language to your advantage.
- Learn the levels of listening and become an "active" listener.
- Learn the characteristics of an assertive communicator.
- Practice negotiation tactics to create win-win solutions for day-to-day
- Learn when and how to say "no."
- Handle touchy situations with tact, poise, integrity, and
- Respond to difficult people successfully, even under the worst
- Learn the "principled" approach to resolving conflict.
- Defuse anger and avoid defensiveness.
- Learn business etiquette for introductions, appointments, and business
- Use "charisma" to promote yourself.
- Build trust and loyalty with communication rules to remember.