Today companies are realizing what remote workers knew all along: Most jobs can be done from anywhere. And most people like the flexibility that working from home provides.
If your company was already forced into a remote working environment, you may now be considering a hybrid model — with employees splitting time between the office and their homes.
You’re not alone. Organizations across the country are assessing their next steps and determining if the hybrid approach is here to stay. This means evaluating options, looking at what’s working and what isn’t, and implementing the most effective solutions. If you’re not sure whether a hybrid workforce is right for your company, this LIVE, virtual course will provide the answers you need to help you make the crucial decisions that will affect your business for years to come.
HRCI and SHRM Certified
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Evaluate your options and assess your organization’s next steps
- Overcome old-school thinking and increase leadership buy-in
- Learn what is and isn’t working for other companies
- Describe how a hybrid workforce could improve your company’s culture
- Formulate a plan for countering possible challenges to management
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Is a Hybrid Workforce Right for Your Organization?
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the three common workforce models
- Describe some of the tangible results of moving to a hybrid workforce model
- Explain how to rebrand your organization’s culture to include a hybrid workforce
- Identify ways to overcome lack of leadership buy-in (old-school thinking)
Session 2: Challenges for Hybrid Workforces
- Summarize the common challenges managers face within hybrid workforces
- Describe ways to ensure co-located and remote employees are managed equitably
- Understand how to manage performance by balancing autonomy and managerial oversight
- Identify some considerations regarding communication within a hybrid workforce
- Discuss how technology helps to even the playing field for hybrid workforces
Session 3: Solutions for Hybrid Workforces
- List some ways to keep hybrid workforces connected
- Identify tools that support best practices for working remotely
- Discuss the importance of frequent, immediate feedback
- Talk about the importance of building trust within a hybrid workforce
- Describe how to maintain morale in a hybrid workforce
SkillPath is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.