For the better part of every day, we are communicating with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your manager when they are talking to you, or the look you give your subordinate all means something. The Communication Skills Training class will help you understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them
Module One: Getting Started
What Is Your Communication Style?
Module Two: The Big Picture
What is Communication?
How Do We Communicate?
Other Factors in Communication
Module Three: Understanding Communication Barriers
An Overview of Common Barriers
Differences in Time and Place
Lack of Focus
Focus on the Past
Module Four: Paraverbal Communication Skills
The Power of Pitch
The Truth about Tone
The Strength of Speed
Module Five: Non-Verbal Communication
Understanding the Mehrabian Study
All About Body Language
Module Six: Speaking Like a STAR
S = Situation
T = Task
A = Action
R = Result
Module Seven: Listening Skills
Seven Ways to Listen Better Today
Understanding Active Listening
Sending Good Signals to Others
Module Eight: Asking Good Questions
Module Nine: Appreciative Inquiry
The Purpose of AI
The Four Stages
Examples and Case Studies
Module Ten: Mastering the Art of Conversation
Level One: Discussing General Topics
Level Two: Sharing Ideas and Perspectives
Level Three: Sharing Personal Experiences
Our Top Networking Tips
Module Eleven: Advanced Communication Skills
Understanding Precipitating Factors
Establishing Common Ground
Using “I” Messages
WHAT EACH STUDENT RECEIVES
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.