Learn how to examine some of these most important distinctions, and discuss the proper approach and execution of whitecollar defense strategies and tactics.
White collar criminal matters involve the highest of stakes for the companies and individuals that are involved. As a result, it is critical for attorneys to know how to respond when their clients face a potential government enforcement action or allegations of potential misconduct that may require an internal investigation. It is also important for practitioners in this area of the law to stay abreast of legal developments and the complexities that may arise during these representations.
Through this material, attorneys will gain an understanding of how to approach white collar matters. Geared for both experienced practitioners and attorneys who are less familiar with this area of the law, the content will examine trends in white collar enforcement, delve into some of the more complex issues involved in white collar representations and discuss how white collar matters overlap with a myriad of other legal issues. This information is valuable for attorneys who want to be prepared to respond to clients who are involved with or are facing allegations of misconduct andor a possible government enforcement action. It will also provide practitioners with useful information regarding recent developments and how to deal with complexities that arise in these kinds of representations.
Introduction to White Collar Defense
• What Distinguishes "White Collar Crime" From Other Crimes
• Who Prosecutes White Collar Crime
• Recent Trends in White Collar Enforcement
Defending Corporations vs. Individuals
• How Representations Differ Depending on the Entity or Individual You Remember
• How to Prepare a Client for a Possible Enforcement Action
• Pros and Cons of Joint Defense Agreements
• Considerations in Interactions With Law Enforcement
• Potential Penalties for Companies vs. Individuals
• Role of Internal Investigations in White Collar Criminal Matters
• Issue of Privilege in Internal Investigations
• How and to Whom Are Investigation Findings Reported
Collateral Matters That Arise in White Collar
• Parallel Civil Enforcement Actions
• Managing Crisis Communications
• Intersection of White Collar With Other Areas of the Law
– Labor and Employment
– Insurance Recovery
Ariel S. Glasner with Blank Rome LLP, Mark M. Lee with Blank Rome LLP
CLE (Please check the Detailed Credit Information page for states that have already been approved) ,Additional credit may be available upon request.