A Crash Course in Licensing, Regulatory Compliance and Federal and State Enforcement
This program covers state licensing and regulatory challenges for marijuana-related businesses operating in Washington. Our distinguished faculty will also explore the implications of the latest legalization twists and turns taking place at the federal level. Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to overcome common legal roadblocks facing marijuana businesses - register today!
- Get current guidance on the confusing legal state of marijuana, hemp and CBD.
- Learn how to secure required marijuana business licenses in Washington.
- Discover how to overcome top regulatory issues facing new and existing marijuana-related businesses.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM Pacific
Break: 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM Pacific
Presenter: Thomas Butcher and Aaron A. Pelley
- The Federal and State Legalization Landscape in 2021
- Classification Under the Controlled Substance Act
- Federal Memorandums (Ogden-Cole-Sessions) and Enforcement Realities
- Understanding Washington's Approach to Legalization
- Preemption and Conflict of Law
- Current Legal and Economic State of the Hemp and CBD Industries
- Policy and Reform Developments Today and Tomorrow
- Regulatory Areas of Concern in Washington
- Who's Regulating What: State and Local Agency Enforcement Overview
- Land Use and Environmental Restrictions
- Premises Security
- Marketing and Advertising Restrictions
- Preparing for State Regulatory Inspections
- The Washington Permitting and Licensing Process
- Identifying Licensing Requirements for the Business
- The Application Procedure, Step by Step
- Grounds for License Refusal
- Overcoming Application and Business Plan Red Flags
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals will also benefit.