Learn the key components to make your volunteer handbook an effective tool for your nonprofit.At times, nonprofit organizations do not put enough emphasis on managing and rewarding their volunteers. Volunteers are a powerful group that can help further your mission, become donors, and become ambassadors to your brand and mission. While volunteers are not employees, they do thrive on structure, direction, performance management, and constant and consistent recognition. This topic will provide content, direction, and strategies to build a positive and powerful volunteer handbook for your nonprofit.
Building a Volunteer Guide/Program
• What's Your Mission and Values?
• What Is Your History and Community Impact?
• Welcoming Letter From Your CEO or Executive Director
• General Conduct
• Safety and Security
• Progressive Discipline
• Communication Policies
• Attendance Policies
• Social Media Policies
• What Are the Expectations of the Volunteer to the Organization?
• What Are the Expectations of the Agency to the Volunteers?
• Performance Management
• Recognition and Feedback
• Sources for Recruiting
Brad Lebowsky with Hunger For Success
HR Certification Institute ,SHRM ,Additional credit may be available upon request.