Effective Approaches to Voir Dire and Jury Selection
Are you looking for ways to conduct more productive voir dire and jury selection? This insightful course offers essential tools for preparation and execution of a superior voir dire. Our experienced faculty will share trial-tested lessons for creating a jury plan and asking the best questions. No matter how much practice you've had, this program will provide methods to enhance your success. Register today!
- Find out how to create an "ideal juror" to guide your selection process.
- Get tips for identifying the jurors you need to strike.
- Learn how to conduct acceptable internet searches into prospective jurors.
All times shown in Eastern time.
1:00 pm- 2:30 pm, Laura W. Hays
- Effective Preparation for Jury Selection
- How to Prepare a Jury Plan Outline
- Using Juror Profiles
- Preparing and Using Juror Questionnaires
- Creating Your "Ideal Juror"
- Mining the Internet for Information About Jurors
- Know the Law
- Using Technology in Jury Selection
- Questioning Prospective Jurors in Voir Dire
- How Much Case Information Can You Safely Introduce During Voir Dire?
- Building Rapport with Jurors
- Strategies to Employ if the Judge Asks the Questions
- Using Open Ended Questions to Get Jurors Talking
- Practical Tips for Voir Dire Question Construction
- Keeping Track of Jurors' Responses
2:45 pm- 4:15 pm, Christopher Drury
- Identifying Who to Strike and Obtaining Cause Challenges
- Reading Verbal and Nonverbal Cues
- Determining Who Should You Strike
- Eliciting Bias and Securing Cause Challenges
- Using Peremptory Strikes Wisely
- Identifying Opposing Counsel's Strategy
- Rehabilitating Desirable Jurors
- Making and Responding to Objections in Jury Selection
- The Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Voir Dire and Jury Selection
This program is designed for litigation attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.