* You will be able to identify when and why fraud occurs.
* You will be able to apply best practices to your program.
* You will be able to explain how to collect data for a compliance and verification program.
* You will be able to identify problems Encountered With Poor Master File Controls.
Gain a better understanding surrounding the threats to vendor files, identifying potential areas of weakness, and designing and implementing procedures to minimize risk.
Proper maintenance and safeguarding of Vendor Masters Files is important to an organization. Ignoring issues or having poor controls over the Vendor Files can lead to loss of data and potential financial loss. Substandard Vendor Master File practices can increase risk of an organization to both general public and regulators. This topic is designed to help those in charge of overseeing their organization Vendor Master Files with understanding the threats to vendor files, identifying potential areas of weakness, designing and implementing procedures to minimize risk, which are all important in todays business environment.
Vendor Master Files - Safeguarding and Maintaining Your Information
• Vendor Master Files Important - Understanding the Basics
• Problems That Are Encountered With Poor Master File Controls
• The Cost of Poor File Maintenance
Frauds That Can Be Encountered and Prevented
• TIN Solicitation and Avoiding Problems Commonly Encountered
• How to Deal With Verifying New Vendors and Verifying Their Information Before Setting up in System
• How to Collect Data for a Compliance and Verification Program
• How to Cleanse Data Files
• What to Do When Things Go Wrong
Best Practices for Data Files
• How to Implement Best Practices to Protect Your Master Files
• Dealing With One Time Vendors
• Data File Maintenance Programs
• Designing the Proper System for Your Organization
• Tips on Preventing Fraud and Misuse of Your Files
Importance of Segregation of Duties
Hubert Klein, CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, CVA, CFE with EisnerAmper LLP
AIPB ,CPE ,IAPP ,Additional credit may be available upon request.