Protect Clients' Assets From an LLC's Creditors and Legal Liabilities
How strong is an LLC's liability protection? What simple mistakes can leave your clients vulnerable to creditors - and how can you prevent them from happening? Review the major elements of LLC structure, and prepare your clients' asset protection plans to minimize mistakes and threat of personal exposure and maximize asset protection. Register today!
- Get an in-depth look at the elements and factors courts consider in piercing the LLC veil.
- Learn what safeguards you can put into place to prevent veil piercing.
- Ensure LLCs are properly capitalized to meet third party obligations.
- Understand the tax and liability implications of various decisions.
- Explore creative ways to mitigate risk when forming an LLC to purchase real estate.
- Gain best practices for structuring LLC operating agreement provisions.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Patricia Lee, Jonathan Septer and Daniel S. Welytok on June 7, 2018. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
10:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Understanding the Alter Ego Theory Doctrine
10:00 - 10:45, Patricia Lee
- Defining the Alter Ego Theory - What Does it Mean Exactly?
- How and When it's Used
- Examining Relevant Case Law
- Reviewing Real-Life Examples
- Using LLCs in Asset Protection and Estate Planning
10:45 - 12:00, Daniel S. Welytok
- Asset Protection and Estate Planning with LLCs
- Transfer of Interest
- Using LLCs and Trusts Together
- Tax Planning and Reporting
- How to Avoid Veil Piercing
12:15 - 1:00, Patricia Lee
- How to Separate Personal and Business Assets
- Submitting Annual Statements and Paying Required Fees
- Observing Certain Requirements for Limited Liability Companies
- Following Specific LLC Guidelines (Operating Agreements, Documenting Finances, Etc.)
- Structuring and Funding the LLC to Protect Assets
1:30 - 2:30, Patricia Lee
- Structuring the LLC
- How to Fund the LLC
- Protecting Personal Assets in the LLC
- Using Single-Member LLCs
- Forming an LLC to Purchase Real Estate and Protect Assets
2:30 - 3:45, Jonathan Septer
- Applying Primary Asset Protection Rules and Laws for Real Estate Investment
- Reviewing Critical Insurance Considerations
- Transferring the Title to the Real Estate to Your LLC
- How to Avoid Liability: Considerations You May Not Know
- Minimizing and Eliminating Risk When Forming the LLC to Purchase Real Estate
- Series LLC? Single-Member LLC? LLP? S-Corp? C-Corp?
- Understanding Critical Tax Considerations Based on Choice of Entity
- Identifying Principal Non-Tax Differences
- Reporting and Taxation: Practical How-to's
4:00 - 5:00, Daniel S. Welytok
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.