Set the Stage for Trial Success
The steps you take before and at the start of trial are often the most critical. This program will show you how to get yourself ready for your big day in court. You will also learn how to pick a favorable jury to give yourself the best opportunity for success. Begin trial on a high note - register today!
- Know what you should be doing (and when) to avoid oversights and that last-minute rush.
- Put together a trial notebook that will help you stay organized and in control.
- Stay on the judge's good side - learn the boundaries of what you can and cannot say during jury selection.
- Learn how to construct voir dire questions that will ferret out jurors' attitudes and biases.
- Discover when and how to use challenges to de-select unfavorable jurors.
Session Time: 8:00 AM - 10:15 AM Central
Break: 9:00 AM - 9:15 AM Central
Presenter: Tamika R. Miller
- Countdown to Trial - What You Should be Doing & When
- Creating a Trial Notebook - Your Checklist Guide to Trial
- Alabama Jury Selection: Practices, Procedures, Judicial Preferences
- Voir Dire & the Art of Asking the Right Questions
- Using Challenges to Eliminate Jurors
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.