Review Recent Guidance and Clarify Top Legal Issues
The accommodation of transgender students presents numerous legal questions for schools. With changing federal positions on a variety of issues, schools need to stay on top of things in order to avoid costly legal challenges. In this timely event, experienced faculty will get you up to speed on the most recent transgender legal guidance. Don't miss this essential guide to one of the most sensitive issues schools face today - register today!
- Review state and local transgender student policies and updates.
- Examine critical considerations when amending records to reflect gender identity.
- Analyze school liability issues concerning Title IX discrimination issues and transgender students.
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Presenter: Camille Nicodemus
- Recent Transgender Guidance: Critical Considerations for Schools
- When the Federal Government Will and Won't Step in
- State and Local Transgender Student Policies and Updates
- FERPA and Transgender Students: Actions that Lead to Violations
- Amending Records to Reflect Gender Identity: Key Considerations
- Title IX and Transgender Students: Overcoming Confusion
- Transgender Student Case Law Updates: What You Need to Know Now!
This overview of transgender issues in schools is for attorneys. School superintendents, principals, vice-principals, school board members and paralegals may also benefit.