Gain an understanding of the top regulations needed to represent craft beverage companies.
The legal landscape for the craft beverage community is a complex system of federal and state laws and regulations related to the production and sale of alcoholic beverages. In addition, as more brewers, distillers, and vintners join the community, the ability to stand out via special promotions makes advising clients on what intellectual property to secure, and when and how to promote their brand, an important part of representing clients in this community Gain a better understanding of the various prerequisites for opening a brewery, distillery or winery, as well as how to guide the new brewer, distiller or vintner through the process of turning their passion into profit. Failing to understand the process can cause unnecessary delays, loss of licenses, and ramifications that can damage a new brand and potentially cause setbacks from which it cannot recover.
The "Start" in "Start-up"
• LLC vs. S Corp
• Does Your State Regulate Who Can Own an Interest?
• Growth Plans and Exit Plans
• What Is the TTB?
• Are There Prerequisites for Filing for a License?
• What's the Timeline?
• State Licensing – Every State Is Different, Know Your State's Rules
Protecting the Secret Sauce - Trademarks
• Brewery/Distillery/Winery Name
• Beer/Spirits/Wine Names
• Tap Handles, Designs, and Other Potential Sources of IP
Getting the Home out of Home-Brewing – Leasing and Real Estate
• Growth Plan
Finding Fuel for the Business – Financing and Fundraising
• Debt vs. Equity Financing
• COLA Approval by TTB
• State Regulations – Again, Every State Is Different, Know Your State's Rules
• Misleading Content
• No Volunteers
• Noncompetes in the Craft Beverage Culture
Adding Cheer to the Beer – Promotions
• Charitable Donations and Co-Ventures
Risk Management and Professional Team
• Professional Team: Insurance, Accounting, Legal
• Food Safety Modernization Act
• Engaging a Distributor
Jonathan M. Dunitz, Esq. with Verrill Dana LLP
CLE (Please check the Detailed Credit Information page for states that have already been approved) ,NALA ,Additional credit may be available upon request.