Drafting Advice and Execution Tips: Buy-Sells, Transfer Restrictions, Drag Along, Tag Along Rights, and More
Failing to plan for unwanted voluntary or involuntary interest transfers can jeopardize the overall control of an LLC and lead to disastrous consequences for clients. This course provides practical and creative drafting techniques for establishing effective membership interest transfer rules. Understand the default rules, learn how to prepare for the unexpected, and explore the effects of transfer on assignee, assignor, and entity. Register today!
- Get a recap on default rules surrounding LLC interest transfers and restrictions.
- Learn drafting techniques for limiting transferability and preparing buy-sell agreements.
- Get guidance on executing LLC interest transfers.
- Explore the legal effects of voluntary and involuntary transfers on all parties involved.
Session time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Mark D. Kimball
- Recap: Default Rules on Transfers and Restrictions, State-by-State Considerations
- Drafting Transfer Provisions and Buy-Sell Agreements
- Overall Approach & Planning Considerations
- Transfer Restrictions and Approval Requirements
- Rights of First Refusal/Offer
- Drag-Along and Tag-Along Rights
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Defining Triggering Events
- Outlining the Transfer Process
- Defining Valuation Procedures
- Top Mistakes That Lead to Litigation
- Executing Interest Transfers and Assembling Required Documents, Step by Step
- Legal Effects on Assignee, Assignor & Entity
- Voluntary Transfers
- Involuntary Transfers
- Tax Implications in a Nutshell
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.