What Civil Court Judges Want Every Attorney to Know
Knowing what the court expects will help you pilot your case without detrimental bumps and hiccups. That's why we've asked local civil court judges to share their insights on common procedural, evidentiary, and advocacy challenges. Don't miss this opportunity to ask questions, get answers, and hear what issues other attorneys are encountering. Register today!
- Identify unacceptable litigation tactics that cross the line.
- Learn when attorneys need to resolve issues on their own.
- Clarify the rules of evidence as they're applied in specific situations.
- Prevent procedural mistakes in discovery, pre-trial conferences and trial presentation.
Session Time: 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM Eastern
Break: 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM Eastern
Presenters: Hon. Joseph J. Matika, Hon. J. Benjamin Nevius, and Hon. Jeffrey K. Sprecher
Moderator: Mark R. Malkames
- Navigating the Local Civil Court Procedure: Concrete Rules and Unwritten Etiquette
- Initial Pleadings, Filing Suggestions, Common Motions Mistakes
- Case Management and Scheduling: Personal Preferences and Pet Peeves
- Summary Judgment Motions and Hearings
- Judges' View of Discovery
- Pre-Trial Briefs and Litigation Techniques That Facilitate Case Resolution
- Expert Use and Evidence: What Judges Focus on When Making Decisions
- Seeking the Judge's Guidance Outside of Scheduled Conferences
- Jury Selection and Juror Requests - What is Appropriate?
- Trial Presentation Do's and Don'ts