Top Ethical Oversteps and How to Avoid Them
Learn top practice "sins" that land attorneys in ethical hot water and get specific guidance on how to identify problems and prevent mistakes. Register today!
- Determine how to prevent and handle case delays without clients feeling like you're neglecting the case.
- Identify unacceptable legal tactics and review common scenarios that blur that line.
- "Don't bite off more than you can chew" - learn how to set limits on the number of cases you can handle effectively.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Noah D. Fiedler and Alyssa A. Johnson on June 29, 2018. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
2:00 pm to 5:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenters: Noah D. Fiedler and Alyssa A. Johnson
- Greed and Gluttony: Excessive Fees and Case Load
2:00 - 2:30
- Setting Unreasonable Attorney Fees
- Taking on Too Many Cases and Not Giving Them Proper Attention
- Sloth: Delays in Case Handling
2:30 - 3:00
- Wrath: Unacceptable Litigation/Negotiation Tactics
3:00 - 3:30
- Lust: Inappropriate Contact with Clients (Including Business Ties)
3:45 - 4:15
- Envy: Taking a Case Outside Your Expertise Because it's a More Lucrative/Interesting Practice Area
4:15 - 4:45
- Pride: Refusing to Admit a Mistake
4:45 - 5:15
This legal ethics guide is designed for attorneys.