Avoid Pitfalls in Choosing, Forming and Operating Series LLCs
As a relatively new structure, the series LLC is surrounded by questions and complications. Do you know when and how to help clients take full advantage of this new legal entity while avoiding oversights and mitigating risks of the unknown? Our knowledgeable faculty will answer your series LLC questions with the latest information while highlighting mistakes that can lead to troubles down the road. Get clarification - register today!
- Help clients make the right choice - fully understand the pros and cons of using series LLCs.
- Avoid pitfalls in drafting operating agreements for series LLCs.
- Delve into top series LLC uncertainties, including treatment in non-series states, bankruptcy and more.
- Discover top series LLC mistakes and how you can prevent them from happening.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Allen Sparkman
- Series LLC Uses, Background and Top Oversights
- Managing and Separating Assets
- One LLC vs. Multiple LLCs vs. Series LLC
- Top Oversights
- Series LLC Agreement Structure Errors
- Top Mistakes in the Series LLC
- Names of Managers, Members and Cells - Top Oversights
- Creating New Cells and Their Relation to the Series - Top Mistakes
- Appointing Series and Cell Managers - What Not to do
- Distribution of Profits and Losses Mistakes
- Dispute Resolution Errors
- Liability and Fiduciary Duty Oversights
- Bankruptcy and Tax Issues
- Series LLCs Doing Business in Non-Series States: What NOT to do
- The Future of Series LLCs and Potential Problems
- Uniform Laws Commission Drafting Project
- Series of Unincorporated Business Entities Act
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.