Clarify the Coverage Limits and Eligibility Requirements
Whether you specialize in elder law, estate planning, Medicaid, or personal injury, you'll need to know how disability benefits are calculated and obtained to make sure your client receives all the help available. This focused comparative analysis reviews the coverage and eligibility details of Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability programs. Understand the law behind SSI and disability benefits and the interplay of these benefits with the client's other sources of income - register today!
- Learn the operative terms of the practice, including medical concepts, abbreviations and acronyms.
- Get a quick walk through of the application procedure to make certain no key steps are missed.
- Understand how an injury settlement can jeopardize a client's disability benefits and how to prevent that.
Session Times: 11:00 - 12:30 Eastern
Presenter: Patrick J. Best
- SSI and SSDI Benefits Compared
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
- SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) Eligibility and Application Procedure
- How SSI and SSDI Interact with Other Government Benefits
- Speak the Language of the Practice: Common Medical, Legal, and Administrative Concepts, Abbreviations and Acronyms
This focused legal guide will benefit attorneys. It may also benefit social workers, accountants, estate planners, and paralegals.