As employees re-enter the workplace after any type of non-work absence or from working remotely, there’s a period of change and transition for everyone…the employee, management and the organization. There are a number of challenges that leaders and managers must be prepared for. To be successful returning employees to the workplace, it requires focus, proactive planning and effective communication.
As a manager, you'll learn how to navigate the obstacles and make re-entry into the workplace positive, constructive and satisfying for everyone.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Become a well-informed change agent
- Discuss ways to assist employees with fear, anxiety and stress
- Know how to set effective goals, priorities and expectations for employees upon re-entry
- Inspire employees to communicate in a more effective, credible and persuasive manner
- Learn how to use words, tone and nonverbals to motivate others
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: The Topic of Change
- Explain how emotional balance is key to successfully managing change
- Describe motivation factors crucial in supporting change
- Review best practices for building and maintaining cohesive and supportive alliances for change
- Discuss effective ways to deal with employee fear, anxiety and stress
Session 2: Setting Goals, Priorities and Expectations
- Discuss techniques for setting, aligning and communicating goals, priorities and expectations
- Explain how to develop standards of performance that will signal when the employee has succeeded
- Review methods for showing employee appreciation
Session 3: Communicating as a Leader in a Time of Change
- Review communication techniques for a professional, diplomatic and persuasive presence in meetings.
- Identify fundamental components needed for a purposeful and credible message.
- Discuss the best way to respond to any type of question
- Describe ways to communicate that gain employee trust