HRCI and SHRM Certified
It's a fact. Employee turnover costs your company plenty, but losing one of your star workers can be staggering. And while it’s easy to assume that your most capable workers are satisfied and loyal, these highly talented employees are in big demand … everywhere.
That’s why they require special attention and a different managerial approach than other employees. But in a cultural and legal environment that emphasizes consistency and fairness in managing employees, finding an effective, sustainable way to lead high performers is a challenge.
You can help ensure these valuable team members stay engaged and stay put when you sign up for Retaining Your Top Talent: How to Stop Turnover in Its Tracks. This LIVE, instructor-led course provides the essential insights you need to identify top performers and challenge them without pushing them too far — all while keeping your whole team happy and productive.
What You Will Learn
- Techniques for keeping top talent engaged
- Factors that could drive away high-performers
- Ways to effectively lead your best employees (without alienating the rest)
- Signs of burnout and other key turnover triggers
- Strategies for managing star workers with difficult behaviors
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Identifying High Performers
- Define the observable and measurable characteristics of high-performing employees
- Manage the distinctive needs and sometimes challenging behaviors of high performers
- Identify and capitalize on your organization’s unique abilities to support its high performers
- Effectively manage your top performers without alienating the rest of your team
Session 2: Engaging and Retaining High Performers
- Define engagement and retention as they apply to your organization
- Identify and eliminate the factors that cause high performers to leave
- Understand specific tactics and techniques for engaging top performers
- Develop a long-term strategy to increase engagement and retention of your best employees
Session 3: Implement a Human Capital Management Approach
- Understand the relationship between employee development and your organization’s changing personnel needs
- Use human capital management as a tactical element in fulfilling your organization’s strategic goals
- Involve senior leaders and other managers in human capital management efforts
- Embed human capital management into your organization’s culture
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SkillPath is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.