Protect Your Client's Property Interests
Disagreements over easements, boundary lines, adverse possession and more can quickly spiral out of control. Do you know how to resolve complex property disputes before emotions and costs get out of hand? This program will give you the skills you need to prevent boundary issues and resolve matters efficiently after they've escalated into full-blown disputes. Protect your client's interests and handle complicated boundary matters with confidence - register today!
- Learn creative solutions to disputes over easement rights and maintenance.
- Uncover methods for clearing up conflicting or uncertain boundaries.
- Discover how to make sense of confusing plats and dated documents.
- Use quiet title actions to cure title defects and resolve ownership disputes.
1:00 pm - 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
1:00 - 2:30, Rosemary Boelens
- Troubleshooting Easement and Access Issues
- Locating Unrecorded and Prescriptive Easements
- Challenges of Establishing Implied Easements
- Disputes Over Easement Rights, Uses and Interference
- Disagreements Over Easement Size
- Easement Maintenance Disputes
- Overcoming Hurdles to Terminating or Enforcing Easements
- Drafting Airtight Easements to Avoid Problems
- Reviewing Complex Surveys, Maps, Legal Descriptions and Historical Documents
- Evaluating Complicated Surveys and Legal Descriptions
- Dealing with Improper/Ambiguous Boundary Descriptions
- Reviewing Confusing Plats/Maps and Old Documents
- Dealing with Discrepancies in Documentary and Survey Evidence
2:30 - 2:45, Break
2:45 - 4:15, Mark G. Hall
- Dealing with Encroachments, Unclear Boundary Lines and Other Complications
- Proving - or Disproving - the Legal Basis of Boundary Disputes
- Resolving Encroachment Issues
- Complex Adverse Possession Issues and Answers
- Conflicting or Uncertain Boundaries
- Water Boundaries and Usage Problems
- Using Quiet Title Actions to Resolve Boundary and Easement Problems
- Title Search and Investigation Tips
- Locating and Giving Notice to ALL Interested Parties
- Handling Contested Quiet Title Actions
- Overcoming Key Challenges at Trial
This course is for attorneys that handle boundary and easement problems. Paralegals may also find it useful.