Walk Through the Key Tax Steps of Probate
Final tax returns are an indelible part of the probate process. If done incorrectly, they can cause undue burden on the estate and beneficiaries, keep the estate opened for years to come, and get the executors and attorney in trouble with the IRS. This essential tax guide will give you the fundamental knowledge to ensure all deadlines are met and no planning opportunities are missed. Register today!
- Clarify the timeline of the estate and tax form procedures.
- Learn how to use disclaimers and valuation discounts.
- Make use of all crucial income tax planning opportunities.
1:00 pm - 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Tamarra Wood
1:00 - 2:30
- Final Tax Returns Timeline, Forms and Filing Procedure
- Tax Deadlines and Deadline Extension Request Procedure
- Tax Forms and Supporting Documents
- Filing Procedures
- Estate Accounting and How it Affects Tax Returns
- Income Tax Considerations in Probate
- Selecting a Tax Year: Calendar or Fiscal?
- Decedent's Final Income Tax Return
- Estate Income Tax Return
- Tax on Income Earned by Estate after Decedent's Death
- Beneficiary Income Tax Considerations
Break 2:30 - 2:45
2:45 - 4:15
- Estate, Gift, GST Tax Liability and Returns
- Proper Use of Disclaimers and Valuation Discounts
- When and How is Estate Tax Portability Claimed
- GST Tax Implications
- Coordinating with Decedent's Accounting or Investment Advisors
- Common Property Tax Issues
This tax legal course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants and CPAs, tax professionals, estate planners, trust officers, and paralegals.