Practical Strategies for Funding MRBs and Complying with Testing, Disposal and Labeling Requirements
Financing and product packaging are two areas laden with risks for emerging marijuana-related businesses. This program will focus on practical funding options in the cannabis industry and explore key hurdles that arise when working with investors. Additional topics that will be discussed include product labeling, packaging, testing, disposal and food safety requirements that apply within the supply chain. Register today!
- Get up to speed on the latest FinCEN and DOJ guidance.
- Explore traditional and creative financing solutions for marijuana-related businesses.
- Learn how to prepare entities for funding.
- Clarify compliance requirements for labeling and packaging cannabis-related products.
- Overcome challenges surrounding food safety, product testing and product disposal.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Central, Heidi Shadid
- Financing Challenges for Marijuana-Related Businesses
- The Latest FinCEN and DOJ Guidance
- SAFE and STATES Act Developments
- Lender Due Diligence Requirements
- Debt and Equity Financing Solutions and Strategies
- Preparing Entities for Financing
- Oklahoma Licensing Implications
11:15 AM - 12:15 PM Central, Rachel Klubeck
- Product Packaging, Testing, the FDA and the EPA
- Overview of FDA and EPA Involvement
- Labeling and Packaging Requirements
- Food Safety Procedures
- Product Testing and Product Disposal
- Product Liability and Medical Concerns
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals will also benefit.