Know What to Look for and Where to Find it
When allegations of negligence against nursing homes arise, it's important to know exactly where to look (and what to look for) to determine if a viable claim exists. How well do you know the standard of care requirements? Can you quickly and successfully spot any deviations? In this program, seasoned faculty will highlight the most common nursing home mistakes and tie them back to the standard of care requirements so you can effectively evaluate claims and find the case-supporting evidence you need. Enhance your knowledge - register today!
- Review standards for nursing home care and identify when they've been violated.
- Find out what went wrong (and who is liable) when a resident is injured at a care facility.
- Learn how to spot deficiencies in resident assessments and care plans.
- Pick up pointers for getting the documentation required to prove your case.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Joel E. Smith
- Key Standard of Care Requirements to Know
- Failure to Prevent and Treat Pressure Injuries
- Failure to Prevent Accidents
- Inadequate Nutrition and Failure to Prevent Dehydration
- Medication Errors
- Deficient Resident Assessments and Care Plans
- Insufficient Staff and Administrative Errors
- False Charting and Mistakes in Clinical Records
- Tips for Obtaining Case-Supporting Documentation
This program is designed for attorneys. Nursing home administrators, insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.