WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How social media is being used by qualitative research professionals to support data collection and enhance the ability to reach their target audience to support better decision making.
- How to discern and apply the various virtual research platforms such as 20/20, Revelation, Itracks, QualVu and others that form the backbone of next generation tools.
- What fundamental skills and knowledge are required to use social media, online communities and virtual research platforms to support your ongoing research efforts.
- What role you can or should play in each phase of the research process using next generation tools.
- How to analyze and report results when using next generation tools.
- Mobile Research Fundamentals: Apps, platforms, case studies, and hands-on workshop.
SESSION 1: FRAMEWORK FOR USING NEXT GENERATION TOOLS + SOCIAL MEDIA FOUNDATIONS
- How companies and brands are leveraging virtual and social media tools
- Highlights from social media research and how it can be used
- Group activity using social media data
SESSION 2: VIRTUAL RESEARCH TOOLS FUNDAMENTALS
- Overview of various virtual research tools: pros and cons
- Leveraging these virtual research platforms for mobile research applications
- Homework project: How to leverage virtual research tools for your company
SESSION 3: HOW TO USE VIRTUAL RESEARCH TOOLS
- Guided workshop on how to plan, set up and conduct virtual research studies
- Best practices for conducting virtual research studies
- Closer look at the watch-outs, challenges, and ways to increase engagement using virtual tools
- xercise to practice application skills of virtual research platforms
SESSION 4: ONLINE COMMUNITIES AND VIRTUAL BRAINSTORMING TOOLS
- How companies are using online communities
- The limitations and benefits of online communities
- Tactical tips and tricks for managing online communities
- Tactical tips and tricks for a discussion leader/moderator for online communities
- Review of some of the leading brainstorming tools and a demo showing the basic capabilities that are found in most of the tools.