New Mexico Employment Law
presented by NBI, Inc.
New Mexico Employment Law
Employment Law Fundamentals
Employer-employee relationships are infinitely varied and rife with potential conflict. This comprehensive employment law guide will walk through the legal essentials you need to speak with authority on employment issues. Explore both litigation and compliance aspects of the law to help you handle any questions likely to cross your path. Register today!
- Get the latest update on state and local employment laws and regs.
- Walk through FMLA, USERRA and other employee leave laws.
- Ensure all equal employment rules are obeyed.
- Review common discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues.
- Get FLSA and state wage and hour essentials on employee classifications and top claims.
- Clarify workplace safety and employee benefits rules and best practices.
- Find out how workplace investigations are used in employment litigation.
- The Employment Relationship: Employment at Will and Exceptions
9:00 - 9:30, Lorna M. Wiggins
- State and Local Employment Laws Update
9:30 - 10:15,
Lorna M. Wiggins
- FMLA Leave Essentials
10:30 - 11:30, Lorna M. Wiggins
- FMLA - What it Says
- Interactions with ADA and State Workers' Comp Laws
- Key Leave, Accommodation and Disability Issues
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims
12:30 - 1:45, Quentin F. Smith
- Common Claims
- Burdens of Proof, Production and Persuasion
- Employer Documentation That Makes or Breaks Claims
- EEOC and State Agency Charges
- ADA - From Accommodation to Discrimination
1:45 - 2:45, Quentin F. Smith
- Equal Employment Laws (Title VII, ADEA, GINA, EPA, PDA, and More)
3:00 - 4:00, Laurie A. Vogel
- NLRB Rules and Decisions
4:00 - 4:30, Trent A. Howell
- Workplace Privacy (HIPAA, GINA, etc.)
9:00 - 9:30, Barbara G. Stephenson
- FLSA Essentials
9:30 - 10:30, Barbara G. Stephenson
- Employer vs. Employee
- Hours Worked
- Employee Classification
- Independent Contractors
- Salespeople and Commissioned Employees
- A Step-by-Step Guide Through the Civil Complaint Process
- State and Local Wage and Hour Laws
10:45 - 11:45, J. Edward Hollington
- Key Discovery and Evidence Issues in Employment Litigation
12:45 - 1:45, J. Edward Hollington
- Discoverability of Workplace Investigation Reports
- Job Description
- Employee Handbook
- Emails, Voicemails, Texts
- Employment Records
- Co-Worker Testimony
- OSHA and Workplace Safety: Section 11(c) Retaliation or Adverse Action Rule
1:45 - 2:45, Trent A. Howell
- Employee Benefits Basics: ERISA, ACA, WARN, COBRA and More
2:45 - 3:15, Danielle R. Panter
- Ethical Issues in Employment Law
3:30 - 4:30, Trent A. Howell
- Key Rules of Professional Conduct
- Privileged Communications
- Identifying and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar offers employment law essentials that will benefit:
- Human Resource Personnel
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
Training Provider: NBI, Inc.
Course Topics: Law Training >
Training Course Summary: New Mexico Employment Law