Course Times: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Number of Days: 2
NTT Contact Hours: 16
- Learn how current OSHA standards apply to your facility, including NFPA
- Safe installation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Understand OSHA penalties for noncompliance.
- Personal protective equipment and grouping.
- Avoid electrical hazards at your company.
- Reduce down-time because the correct employees are trained.
- Meet or exceed OSHA standards for compliance.
- Maintain cost-effective operations.
What You Will Learn
- What constitutes an electrical hazard?
- Which employees must be trained and what are the requirements?
- What are the proper lockout-tagout procedures?
- Safe electrical work practices.
- How to use protective equipment.
- Test equipment and insulated tools.
- How to establish and maintain compliance.
- Conducting electrical inspections.
- Electrical work practices.
- Maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Switching and clearing procedures.
- Clearance distances.
- Electrical hazards in confined spaces.
- Portable electrical equipment.
- Fault current calculations.
"I've learned more in the last 2 days than I have in the last 2 years of
maintenance. It was fun learning. Thanks."
- Indianapolis, IN