The Law and Mechanics of Gun Trusts and How They're Used
Firearms ownership, transfer and use is tightly regulated, especially when Title II weapons are involved. This timely briefing offers an objective legal analysis of the use of gun trusts and an overview of the background checks process. It will allow you to help your clients successfully and legally transfer these unique heirlooms to their heirs. Register today!
- Understand current federal gun law and get an update on ongoing legislative efforts.
- Clarify how guns are classified and how firearms and accessories are regulated under the NFA.
- Review key gun trust provisions and identify top liability issues.
11:00 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Jeffery Mannarini
- Key Firearms Ownership, Possession, and Transfer Regulations
- Federal Firearms Law in a Nutshell
- Survey of State Gun Law on NFA Firearms
- NFA Firearms: Categories, Possession, Registration, Inheriting
- What You Need to Know About CLEO Background Checks
- The NFA Gun Trust: Key Provisions and Issues
- What is a Valid NFA Gun Trust? When is One Needed?
- Possession, Use, and Transfer During Life and After Death
- Adding/Removing Trustees, Beneficiaries, and Responsible Persons
- Gun Trust Maintenance/Administration
- Ancillary Documents in a Gun Trust System
- Amending the Trust to Deal with Regular Firearms
- Review of a Sample Gun Trust
- Useful Firearms Forms: BATF and State
- Advanced Planning Issues and Liability Considerations
- The Multi-Generational AP Gun Trust
- The Multi-State Ownership Issue
- Prohibited Persons
- Contraband Firearms
- Illegal Transfer vs. a Mere Conveyance
- Negligent Entrustment and Other Forms of Civil Liability
- 3-D Printed Firearms
- Restoration of Rights
This timely legal course is designed for attorneys. Trustees and paralegals may also benefit.