Stay Up to Date on Recent Changes
Unique issues arise for military families contemplating divorce. Recent changes concerning the calculation of military benefits upon divorce make it even more challenging. Are you current on these changes and how they will impact your client? This insightful course will guide you through new considerations for pension division, the new blended military retirement system and disability. Stay on the cutting edge - register today!
- Review the new "Frozen Benefit Rule" and what it means for the division of pension.
- Understand how the new blended retirement system works and how that impacts the divorce.
- Learn how recent changes concerning disability affect settlement calculations.
- Discuss the modification process and how to properly establish jurisdiction.
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Laura Buchholtz
- The "Frozen Benefit Rule"
- How it Works
- What to do About it in Your Divorce Cases
- The NEW Blended Military Retirement System
- Military Disability in Divorce
- Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP)
- Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Disability Compensation in Divorce
- Howell v. Howell
- Modification and Establishing Jurisdiction
This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.