Find it, Preserve it, Scrub it, Produce it and More
Metadata can be a treasure trove of information - if you know where to look and how to use it. In this focused program, faculty will help you understand the basics of metadata and teach you practical tips you can use right away. Become a more tech-savvy lawyer - register today!
- Learn where to find metadata and what it can reveal to you.
- Discover how to prevent - and detect - alterations of electronic evidence.
- Find ways to scrub metadata or produce ESI with the metadata intact.
- Hear how to use metadata to verify the authenticity of electronic evidence.
Session time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Arthur K. Shaffer
- Metadata: What it is and the Secrets it Can Reveal
- Different Types and Formats
- How to Find Metadata on Files, Phones, Social Media, etc.
- Keeping the Metadata Trail Intact When Looking Through Documents
- Detecting Alterations
- Producing Responsive, Non-Privileged ESI with Metadata
- Scrubbing Metadata to Remove it From Documents
- Metadata Landmines to Avoid
- Using Metadata to Authenticate Electronic Evidence
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.