Current Best Practices for Satisfying and Minimizing Medicaid Liens
Are you up to date with the latest developments in Medicaid subrogation law? Our seasoned faculty will provide you with the latest updates, current best practices and tips for overcoming common challenges regarding Medicaid liens. Ensure full compliance while minimizing Medicaid's impact on settlements - register today!
- Catch up with the latest changes to Medicaid liens.
- Learn how to avoid settlement delays involving Medicaid liens.
- Gain best practices for satisfying Medicaid interests while reducing the impact on injury settlements/judgments.
11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Presenters: Annie M. Davidson and Aaron P. Frederickson
- Overview of Medicaid
- Background and Review of the Medicaid Secondary Payer Statute
- Arkansas Dept. of Health and Human Services v. Ahlborn and Wos v. E.M.A.
- Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 and Section 1902(a)(25) of the Social Security Act
- Section 53102 of the 2018 Budget Act
- Understanding CMS-2390-F
- Medicaid Resolution in Personal Injury Cases: Process and Procedure
- Identifying Liable Third Parties as Primary Payers Before Medicaid
- Protecting Medicaid's Future Interest
- Dealing with Settlement Delays Involving Medicaid
- A Case Study: Overcoming Medicaid Challenges at Settlement
- Plaintiff/Defense Negotiation Strategies: Satisfying Medicaid Interests
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals and insurance professionals may also benefit.