Power BI brings data to life in rich visuals you can collect, organize and display to make better, more insightful and more informed business decisions. This LIVE, virtual course is for anyone who needs to get up to speed on the fundamentals of Power BI and its business intelligence capabilities. It demystifies Power BI as you learn how to navigate its interface, pull data from multiple sources and begin to build your own dashboards.
DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) is a formula expression language that works in tools like Power BI. The DAX language helps you discover new ways to calculate data values and come up with the fresh, innovative insights your company needs for future growth and to meet its full potential for success.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Upgrade your business intelligence skills to grow your business
- Add exciting, new visual dimension to your data
- Easily build your own reports and dashboards
- Make better, more informed business decisions
- Discover fresh, new innovative insights on your data
Session 1: Developing Reports and Dashboards Using Power BI
Power BI is the intersection of Power Query and Power Pivot. Everything you know about Power Query and Power Pivot is the same in Power BI. However, Power BI adds a visual dimension to your data enabling you to display tables, charts nd graphs connected to your data source.
- Explain the value of Power BI
- Navigate the Power BI interface
- Recognize how to pull data into Power BI
- Discuss how to begin to build your Power BI dashboard
Session 2: Power Pivot DAX Measures
To fully leverage the power of Power Pivot, you must understand and apply a special collection of functions that only work with Power Pivot—known collectively as DAX functions. These functions overcome the limits of standard pivots.
- Describe what calculated columns are
- Use DAX measures
- Recognize how to use the CALCULATE expression
- Discuss time/date intelligence DAX functions