Clarify Legal Grey Areas Concerning Marijuana, Craft Beer, Wine, Gaming, Guns and More!
When it comes to many perfectly legal substances, objects and activities, do you know where permissible actions end and impermissible actions begin? Don't be caught unprepared when you - or your clients - have questions that demand immediate answers. Attend this comprehensive overview and recognize the boundaries between lawful and unlawful activities concerning firearms, alcoholic beverages, marijuana and more. You'll take away valuable information you can use to ensure things don't border on the illegal - register today!
- Determine what's allowed and what's not with legalized marijuana use.
- From home brewing to bar licensing, take a comprehensive look at the ins and outs of alcohol law.
- Know what types of firearms are legal and how they can be bought, sold and transferred.
- Ensure contests, promotions and sweepstakes are not seen as illegal lotteries by the government.
- Recognize key liability and compliance issues surrounding gambling and gaming.
- Spot ethical issues concerning substance abuse, legal malpractice and more.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Recreational Marijuana Law
11:00 - 12:00, Jeffrey Gard
- Federal Responses to Recreational Marijuana Law
- Banking and Financing for the Marijuana Industry
- Recreational Marijuana Businesses Law
- Obtaining a Cannabis Business License
- Legal Best Practices for Marijuana Product Packaging and Testing
- Marijuana Taxation: The Latest Rules
- Medical Marijuana Law
12:15 - 1:15, Jeffrey Gard
- Federal Responses to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Obtaining Medical Marijuana Business Licenses: Overcoming Hurdles
- Essential Business Considerations for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Financing Difficulties for Lenders and Marijuana Businesses
- Medical Marijuana Business Taxation: Strategies to Overcome Current Difficulties
- Patients, Caregivers and Physicians: Ensuring Legal Compliance
- Gun Law
1:15 - 2:15, Benjamin L. Bunker
- Constitutional Components of Firearms Law
- Firearms Laws: What Attorneys Need to Know
- Concealed and Open Carry Law
- Title 1 Firearms and Their Regulation
- Title 2 Firearms: Unique and Misunderstood
- Firearms Dealers and Licensing Requirements
- Gun Dealer and Ownership Legal and Liability Concerns
- What Guns are Legal and Who can Buy Them
- Sales and Transfers, Including Gun Shows
- Craft Beer, Distillery and Wine Law
2:45 - 3:45, Jeffrey C. O'Brien
- Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance
- Federal and State Licenses, Permits and Regulations
- Licensing, Labeling and Regulatory Compliance
- Federal and State Tax Reporting Requirements
- Negotiating/Drafting Brewery and Distillery Contracts
- Intellectual Property and Advertising
- Wine Business Entity Selection
- Protecting Brand Identity Through Trademarks and Copyrights
- Gaming, Gambling and Sweepstakes Law (Including Sports Gambling)
3:45 - 4:45, Benjamin L. Bunker
- Gambling Laws, Regulations, Permitting and Licensing
- Liabilities, Compliance and Enforcement
- Drafting Gambling Contracts
- The Gaming Licensing Process
- Advising on Tax and Financial Questions
- Fantasy Sports and Other Issues
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions Law
- Legal Ethics
5:00 - 6:00, Gary K. Luloff
- Legal Malpractice Risks
- Ethical Standards and Civil Liability
- Attorneys' Fees
- Conflicts of Interest
This program is for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.