Water Use, Waste Management, Permitting/Approvals and Other Issues
The growth of the cannabis industry has been followed by a host of legal issues and uncertainties, especially in the environmental arena. Having a strong grasp of these concerns is crucial to getting businesses off the ground and avoiding unwanted attention from regulators or citizen groups. Are your clients in compliance? Our seasoned faculty will delve into the in's and out's of environmental issues for cannabis operations and teach you best practices for avoiding trouble. Confidently advise your clients - register today!
- Detangle the issue of where and how clients can access water for their plants.
- Help clients satisfy plant waste, fertilizer and pesticide disposal requirements.
- Get clients the land use and environmental approvals and permits they need to start their canabusinesses.
Session Time: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Presenter: Kimberly Jackson
- Water Rights and Usage Problems
- Waste Management Challenges
- Use, Storage, and Disposal of Fertilizers and Pesticides
- Air and Water Quality Concerns
- Environmental Review Complications
- Land Use and Conversion Hurdles
- Permitting Difficulties
- Wildlife and Natural Resources Hitches
- Energy Issues
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.