It may be natural to avoid uncomfortable conflict with others, but this tactic could spell disaster in the workplace. Unmanaged or poorly managed conflict at work leads to less cooperation, impaired teamwork, lower productivity and reduced quality, as well as diminished employee commitment and morale. However, you can avoid negative outcomes like these with good conflict management skills.
Successfully managed conflict can have a healthy, positive effect on your team and your organization. Well-managed conflict is an effective way to bring important issues to light and open the lines of communication, strengthening relationships with your team, boss, vendors and customers.
Highly interactive, live, virtual training will enhance your learning for this course. Engage with your instructor and other participants as you gain important insights on how to manage your emotions, work with all personality styles and manage conflict in a proficient, productive and professional manner.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the positive effects of conflict on your team and organization
- Balance emotions and maintain professionalism — even under stress
- Work more effectively with a variety of different personality styles
- Learn how to open the lines of communication through conflict and confrontation
- Communicate with diplomacy and finesse in difficult situations
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Achieving Emotional Balance
- Recognize the importance of emotional balance.
- Describe what emotional balance looks like.
- Explain methods for achieving emotional balance
- Discuss strategies to maintain professionalism in stressful situations
Session 2: Communicating with Different Personality Types
- Summarize the different personality styles and their characteristics
- Describe communication strategies suited to each of the personality styles
- Discuss how to work effectively with various personality styles
- Explain the importance of being aware of how other people perceive you
Session 3: Smart Ways to Rev Up Your Sentences — and Polish Your Professional Image!
- How to use active verbs and voice to communicate more powerfully
- Wake up your readers by slashing adjectives and dumping unnecessary adverbs
- Tips for using varying sentence patterns and sentence lengths to express your ideas
- Less is more: “How-to’s” for trimming the fat from your documents
- Pointers for adding zing to your written communication