Avoid Enforceability Issues and Unanticipated Losses
Well-drafted and negotiated limitation of liability clauses can effectively limit clients' exposure to lawsuits and other claims. However, even small oversights can make them unenforceable or expose clients to more risk than they'd anticipated. Are your provisions airtight? In this program, seasoned faculty will highlight the top mistakes you don't want to make when crafting limitation of liability provisions. Avoid pitfalls and ensure your clients are protected - register today!
- Review ambiguous and unconscionable terms to avoid at all costs.
- Anticipate common mistakes that could jeopardize enforceability.
- Steer past key pitfalls when negotiating limitation of liability clauses.
Session Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Mark R. Becker
- LOL Clause Errors: Ambiguous or Unconscionable Terms
- Not Knowing What to Exclude (Gross Negligence, Willful Misconduct, Etc.)
- Top Mistakes Made When Negotiating Limitation of Liability
- Specific Language You Should Never Use
- Liability Limitation Provisions: Enforcement Oversights
- Statute of Limitation Pitfalls
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.