Better Understand How to Advise Your Marijuana Client's Business
In order to best assist your marijuana clients, you need to be well versed on the specific laws, regulations, recent legislation and requirements that surround commercial lending to marijuana businesses. In this program, experienced faculty who know the in's and out's of this niche industry will detangle credit risks, FinCEN guidance and applicable drug laws so that you can overcome common obstacles that frequently arise. Register today!
- Learn how the Controlled Substances Act affects the marijuana industry's access to banking.
- Review credit risks for banks that want to provide services in this area.
- Interpret the Department of Justice's memoranda - what does it mean, exactly?
- Get up to speed on the latest due diligence, risk assessment mandates for financial institutions, and required reporting.
Session Time: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern time
Presenter: J. Daniel Bariault
- How the Controlled Substances Act Affects the Marijuana Industry's Access to Banking
- State Legalization vs. Federal Drug Laws
- Credit Risks for Banks That Want to Provide Services in This Area
- Interpreting the Department of Justice's Memoranda
- Current Regulatory Structure for Banks
- FinCEN Guidance: Due Diligence, Risk Assessment Mandates for Financial Institutions, and Required Reporting
- Why Don't We Have a Marijuana Bank? Industry Concentration and Safety and Soundness Considerations
- Update on Federal Legislation
- Update on Selected States
This program is designed for attorneys who represent marijuana businesses. Commercial bankers, lenders and paralegals will also benefit.