Get Up to Date on LLC Changes and Avoid Costly Missteps
Are you ready? Are your clients ready? Existing operating agreements will need to be updated and new operating agreements will need to comply. The new rules and regs affects numerous major provisions in the LLC operating agreement such as fiduciary duties, new default provisions, distributions and indemnification. Join us as our expert faculty brings you up to speed on the latest developments and teaches best practices for drafting and reviewing operating agreements. Register today!
- Explore managers’ and members’ rights and authority.
- Determine which fiduciary duties should be modified to fit the needs of clients.
- Understand the new rights of judgment creditors and how they can foreclose on an interest.
1:00 pm - 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
1:00 - 2:30, Eric R. Foster
- H.R. 1, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - An Overview
- Timeline of Changes, Tax Years Affected and Entities Affected
- Lower C Corporation Rates
- What Entity Should You Choose to Receive These New Tax Breaks?
- Limitations of the New Bill
- Qualifying for the New Deduction; New Ways to Calculate Deductions - Case Example
- Pass-Through Entity Provisions
2:45 - 4:15, Valerie Sasaki
- The New Partnership Audit Rules and New Tax Law as it Relates to Partnerships
- State LLC Law Update: Revisions You Need to Know
- Managers and Members: Changes to Rights, Roles and Authority
- Substantial Changes to Definitions and Requirements
- Operating Agreements: How the Scope, Function and Limitations Have Changed
- LLC Formation and Operating Procedures/Requirements: Changes Attorneys Need to Know
- Reshaping of Fiduciary Duties
- The Latest Case Law Regarding LLCs
This informative course is designed for attorneys. Accountants may also benefit.