Practical Planning Tips for the Current Environment
This fast-paced program focuses on key tax planning considerations in the wake of the TCJA, CARES Act and PPP (Paycheck Protection Program). Get clarity on the latest changes and learn how to plan with confidence. Topics to be discussed include post-CARES Act issues and opportunities, retirement planning and the SECURE Act, Section 199A QBI deductions, the Partnership Audit Rules, and current takeaways for entity selection. Ensure your practice is up to speed - register today!
- Learn how to adapt to major changes under the CARES Act.
- Bolster your understanding of Section 199A by reviewing case studies.
- Get strategies for bringing entities up to speed with the Partnership Audit Rules.
- C corp or pass-through? Revisit entity selection in the current tax environment.
- Learn how the SECURE Act is changing retirement planning.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Eastern, G. Christopher Wright
- The CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program: Tax Issues and Planning Opportunities
- CARES Act and PPP Tax Provisions Overview
- Demystifying and Qualifying for Employer Payroll Tax Credits
- Net Operating Loss Implications
- Business Interest Expense Deduction Limitations
- After the TCJA
- After the CARES Act
- Charitable Tax Deductions
- Additional Considerations for Businesses
- Retirement Planning and the SECURE Act
11:45 AM - 1:15 PM Eastern, David J. Berardo
- Section 199A QBI Deduction Case Studies
- Eligibility and Limitations Overview
- SSTB and Non-SSTB Examples
- Practical Implications of the Partnership Audit Rules
- Overview of Changes
- Adjusting Operating Agreements
- Opting Out
- Revisiting Entity Selection: C Corporations vs. Pass-Through Entities
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit