The Beginner's Guide to Creating and Updating Handbooks
In many situations, an employee handbook serves as a useful resource for both the employees and the employer. However, a poorly written handbook can also be the cause of litigation and fail to provide employers with legal protection. This engaging program explores best practices for updating social media policies, guidelines for creating retaliation policies, legal guidance for taking a stance on cyberbullying and more. Mitigate legal risks from the get-go. Register today!
- Stay up to date on important legislative developments.
- Develop legal best practices for updating wage and hour policies and provisions.
- Uncover tips for drafting work-from-home policies.
- Examine essential guidelines for making changes to discrimination and harassment policies.
- Advise employers of the legal risks of failing to update and implement effective workplace safety policies.
- Analyze legal best practices for creating drug, alcohol and marijuana policies.
- Evaluate other handbook policies that require regular review and revision.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern
Presenter: Matthew W. Barszcz
- Important Legislative Updates and Guidelines
- Wage and Hour Provisions: Legal Essentials
- Drafting and Revising Social Media and Telecommuting Policies
- Best Practices for Drafting and Updating Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Policies
- Workplace Safety and Bullying: Changes You Need to Make
- Creating and Revising Drug, Marijuana and Alcohol Policies: Legal Best Practices
- Other Critical Policies You Need to Update