Building a culture of accountability is key to organizational success. People that embrace accountability at work are happier, more motivated employees — high performing, more invested in company goals and more productive overall.
Of course, accountability doesn’t always come naturally — and you can’t force it. But as a leader, you can encourage, promote and reward it. And you can give your employees the tools they need to understand how it works.
This LIVE, virtual workshop provides the strategies you need to coach your employees to high performance. You’ll learn how to clearly define performance standards, establish specific and attainable goals, connect with employees regularly and create accountability plans to track performance and review progress. Best of all, you’ll become a stronger leader — able to confront and manage performance problems, provide useful feedback and avoid common performance management mistakes.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Create an atmosphere that promotes positive, proactive accountability
- Clearly explain expectations, goals and how employees fit into the “big picture”
- Provide useful helpful feedback without undermining attitudes and progress
- Gain commitment from less motivated or tentative employees
- Coach employees and manage them for high performance
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Establishing Job Responsibilities and Setting Goals
- Define performance objectives and identify expectations, based on job requirements
- Assign employee roles and explain how they function within the company
- Establish goals with employees and monitor their progress
- Identify areas of employee accountability and encourage them to commit to supporting the team, project and goal.
Session 2: Supporting a Culture of Achievement
- Learn how to motivate employees through high levels of communication.
- Create accountability plans with each employee that measure and track performance.
- Build an environment that supports accountability and encourages trust and collaboration.
- Describe ways you can help inspire a culture of achievement
Session 3: Managing for High Performance
- Confront and manage performance problems effectively.
- Learn methods to make giving feedback feel natural.
- Discover strategies to avoid common disciplinary action errors.
- Coach employees to help them overcome challenging situations