For your career or your life outside of it, negotiation is a critical skill for success — one of the most important, regardless of your profession. While for some it comes more naturally, anyone (even you!) can learn to negotiate.
Strong communication and solid relationships lie at the heart of effective negotiation — whether you’re working to resolve a conflict or trying to sell a product. Sign up for this LIVE virtual workshop and you’ll discover how to communicate in a way that resonates with your listeners and helps to increase your credibility, influence and your power to persuade.
Interactive and instructor-led, this training is designed for all professionals who want to improve their negotiation and strategic communications skills. Participants will explore techniques for building rapport, creating shared understanding and generating mutual respect. You’ll learn to speak the language of persuasion with confidence and you’ll be prepared for negotiating in the business world — and in everyday life.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Identify how communication and engagement influence others
- Explain why trust is an important factor in the power of influence
- Describe positive persuasion and how it sets the stage for productive interactions
- Discover various ways of persuading and getting the other party to listen to your solutions
- Discuss spheres of influence and how your authority (or lack thereof) affects the negotiation
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: The Power of Influence in Negotiations
- Explain how trust and credibility influence negotiations
- Discuss how to eliminate common communication problems
- Recognize various communication styles and adapt your style to build credibility
- Describe how passion and purpose impact negotiations
Session 2: Positive Persuasion
- Distinguish between the different spheres of control
- Identify the three components of influence
- Understand why the ability to influence others is essential
- Explain the six skills for getting to “yes”
- Discuss how to overcome barriers to negotiations
Session 3: Structured Persuasion Techniques
- Recognize the five steps of Monroe’s Motivated Sequence.
- Identify negotiation strategies, techniques and tools that lead to win-win agreements
- Describe what It means to speak the language of persuasion
- Understand how interests tie to satisfaction in negotiations