Get Practical Guidance for Handling IRA Trusts and Taxes
IRA trusts are a powerful tax saving tool if designed and implemented correctly. Do you know how to maximize the benefits of tax-deferred growth? In this program, faculty will delve into beneficiary designations, choice of trust and other key elements of this planning approach. Enhance your knowledge and get practical tips for ensuring clients' desired outcomes - register today!
- Review key IRA trust planning elements and ensure their desired outcomes.
- Ensure that the choice of beneficiary maximizes the stretch.
- Make the right choice: explore the differences and weigh the pros and cons of conduit and accumulation trusts.
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: David J. Zumpano
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Beneficiary Designations and Layered Funding to Ensure the Stretch
- Structuring the Trust to Maximize Tax Benefits
- Qualifying the Trust as Owner of IRAs Without Causing Taxation (or Losing Stretch)
- Contributions: Deferring Income Tax
- Structuring Distributions: Conduit vs. Accumulation
- Managing Excise Taxes
- Planning for Estate Tax
Break 2:30 pm - 2:45 pm
2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- Preventing Unintended Tax Consequences and LTC Costs
- "Inside" and "Outside" Planning Strategies to Provide Maximum Flexibility at Death and Ensure Creditor Protection After Clark
- Managing and Modifying IRA Trusts
This legal program is designed for attorneys looking to increase their knowledge of IRA trusts. This course may also benefit accountants and CPAs, tax professionals, and trust officers.