Don't Risk Using Outdated Knowledge When Handling IEPs
The definitions of FAPE are changing - are you keeping up with the times? Don't risk using outdated knowledge and practices when handling legal concerns involving IEPs. Attend this concise yet comprehensive overview of expansive new FAPE definitions and ensure you use the latest legal information when creating, monitoring and updating IEPs - register today!
- Gauge the real-world implications of the new Endrew F. FAPE standard.
- Know how much leeway courts give schools when they develop IEPs.
- Ensure schools use appropriate progress standards when evaluating IEP goals.
Session Time: 11:00 - 12:30 Eastern time
Presenter: Hadley Hindmarsh
- The New Endrew F. FAPE Standard: Gauging the Real-World Implications
- "Merely More Than De Minimis Benefit": What This Means for IEPs
- The IEP Development Process: How Much Deference do Courts Allow Schools?
- Avoiding Critical IEP Errors in Light of New FAPE Standards
- Ensuring Schools Use Appropriate Progress Standards
- How Endrew F. Affects IEP Disputes and Due Process Complaints
This program is for attorneys. School administrators, parent advocates, special educators and paralegals may also benefit.