Create Legally Sound and Educationally Appropriate Plans
Solid IEPs and 504 plans will ensure positive learning outcomes for many students. Poorly crafted or improperly carried out plans are legal disasters just waiting to happen. Join our experienced faculty as they show you how to spot and mitigate legal liabilities in IEPs and 504 plans. Ensure your documents and processes are both effective and legally compliant - register today!
- Learn how to develop defensible IEPs with measurable goals.
- Get practical guidance on what a good 504 plan looks like and what it should include.
- Determine how and how often to review and update plans.
- Anticipate and avoid the most common IEP and 504 plan mistakes.
Session Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific
Presenter: Philip E. Stern
- IEPs vs. 504 Plans
- IEP Meetings and Creating Legally Defensible Plans
- Section 504 Accommodation Plans
- Working with Parents and Obtaining Consent
- Monitoring, Documenting and Reporting
- Reviewing and Updating IEP Goals and 504 Plans
- Avoiding Common Mistakes