The Ultimate Guide to Everything Hunting Law
Are you looking for a complete guide that has everything from hunting leases to firearms law to gun trusts? In this all-inclusive hunting law guide, you'll get essential tools from expert faculty on how to draft a solid lease, insight on Title II firearms regulation, learn how to draft a gun trust and so much more! Don't miss this unique opportunity to get up to speed on some of the hottest issues in the legal industry today - register now!
- Review the pros and cons of different hunting lease arrangements.
- Craft dispute-proof hunting leases and clearly lay out landowner and lessee rights and responsibilities.
- Evaluate constitutional components of firearms law, Title 1 firearms and their regulation, as well as Title II.
- Review firearms forms of note and how to draft a gun trust.
- Draft contracts and manage other legal issues for hunting outfitters, guides and brokers.
- Explore various hunting laws, common violations and penalties.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by M.B. Adelson and Nathaniel Gilbert on September 18, 2018. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Hunting Leases
10:00 - 11:00, Nathaniel Gilbert
- Pros and Cons of Different Hunting Lease Arrangements
- Negotiating an Advantageous Lease Price Structure
- What Needs to be Included in the Property Description?
- Rights of the Landowner - Land Management, Family Hunting Privileges, etc.
- Lessor's Responsibilities - Property Maintenance Obligations and More
- Defining the Rights of the Lessee
- Lessee Responsibilities - Game Law Compliance, Maintenance, Fire Prevention, etc.
- Damage Provisions and Avoiding Security Deposit Misunderstandings
- Limiting Liability - Indemnification and Liability Insurance
- Other Key Clauses to Consider - ADR, Representations and Warranties, etc.
- Negotiating Extension/Renewal Options and Lease Cancellation Rights
- Key Negotiation Strategies for Both Sides of the Table
- Review of Sample Hunting Lease Agreements
- Firearms Law
11:15 - 12:15, M.B. Adelson LL.M.
- Gun Law Update
- Constitutional Components of Firearms Law
- State and Federal Firearms Laws: What Attorneys Need to Know
- Title 1 Firearms and Their Regulation
- Title 2 Firearms: Unique and Misunderstood
- Firearms Dealers and Licensing Requirements
- Gun Ownership Legal Concerns
- Liability Concerns for Gun Dealers and Owners
- Gun Trusts
12:15 - 1:15, M.B. Adelson LL.M.
- Pre-Drafting Considerations
- Firearms Forms of Note
- Drafting a Gun Trust: Key Provisions Overview
- Gun Trust Administration Issues
- Firearms Held Outside the Trust at Estate Administration
- Hunting Outfitters, Guides and Brokers: Contracts, Structures and More
1:45 - 2:45, Nathaniel Gilbert
- Choice of Entity: Outfitters and Brokers
- Permits, Licenses and Regulatory Compliance
- Client Contracts: Liability Waivers, Trophy Stipulations, etc.
- Guide Independent Contractor Agreements
- Management Agreements for Hunt Clubs
- Hunt Brokerage Contracts and Liabilities
- Hunting Laws and Violations
3:00 - 4:00, Nathaniel Gilbert
- Lacey Act Violations
- Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact
- Improperly Taking Wildlife
- Wildlife Waste Laws
- Improper Use of Assistive Technology
- Hunting Right Revocation and Restoration
- Ethical Considerations
4:00 - 5:00, M.B. Adelson LL.M.
- Who is Your Client
- Professional Negotiations
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflicts of Interest
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals will also benefit.