Virtual business teams are work groups made up of people with complementary skills, common purpose and interdependent goals, separated by geography, time zones and sometimes language and culture. These business groups have become critical to maintaining strong communication with teammates, customers and stakeholders.
The ability of employees to work effectively in a virtual team environment will be crucial for their success. This LIVE, virtual course enables team members to understand how to work most effectively with others who work elsewhere much or all of the time.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the basic fundamentals of virtual teams and how they benefit both managers and individual team member
- Learn how to incorporate basic communication techniques into your virtual interactions
- Explain ways that team members can help alleviate problems on a virtual team
- Identify the key to managing conflict on a virtual team
- Discuss the importance of engagement during virtual meetings
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Understanding Virtual Teams
A virtual team is dynamic in terms of its goals, structure and resource deployment. Understand what makes up a virtual team and their most efficient and effective team members.
- Identify successful virtual team attributes
- Discuss ways to be an effective member of a virtual team
- Describe the common challenges that virtual teams have to overcome.
- Recognize your top priorities for contributing as virtual team members
- Explain the significance of purposes and processes on traditional and virtual teams
Session 2: Virtual Team Communication
Basic communication techniques help to improve virtual communication. Learn how to incorporate these tactics into how you interact virtually.
- Discover ways to overcome communication challenges and keep communication lines open on virtual teams
- Discuss active listening techniques that can be used during conflict in a virtual team
- Describe the 2 most important don'ts of managing conflict on virtual teams and how to avoid them
- Recognize the impact of using the “Three Rs” technique to manage conflict
- Explain why virtual contributors must be especially conscientious about managing conflict on the team.
Session 3: Effective Virtual Meetings
Review tips and tricks for making your virtual meetings interactive and compelling. Collect relevant knowledge to improve communications and reinvigorate your virtual team.
- Discuss ways to increase engagement during virtual meetings
- Identify effective codes of conduct to guide collaboration
- Recognize tools to decode silence for clarity when interacting virtually
- Describe the most effective way to seek an opinion on a virtual team
- Explain the benefits of videoconferencing for virtual team meetings