Loan Modifications, Restricted Dual Tracking, Mandated Communications and More
The CFPB/BCFP has been aggressively reinforcing its rules regarding foreclosure. Can you protect yourself or your client from being their next target? In this program, our esteemed faculty will teach you how to confidently tackle the most ambiguous aspects of the final mortgage servicing rules regarding foreclosure, including interest rate adjustments for ARMs, dual tracking and much more. You will also learn how to effectively comply with the servicing rules when consumers invoke their rights under the bankruptcy code or FDCPA. Register today!
- Examine the new periodic statement rules and how they impact your clients.
- Learn how the CFPB/BCFP NPR debt collection rulemaking directly affects foreclosures and what noncompliance can mean for you and your clients.
- Closely examine the CFPB's/BCFP's strict mortgage servicing/notification rules so you can successfully avoid costly violations.
- Define the scope of new rights and protections for borrowers - including the extent of borrowers' "right" to loan modifications.
- Learn how the servicing rules, bankruptcy code and FDCPA intersect - and how to simultaneously comply with these conflicting rules.
1:00 - 2:30 Eastern, Stephen M. Hladik
- The New Periodic Statement Rules
- The New CFPB/BCFP NPR Debt Collection Rulemaking
- Processing Loss Mitigation Applications and "Rights" to Modification
- The New CFPB/BCFP Interpretive Rule
- Payments Promptly Credited - New Regs
- Early Notice of Delinquency
- New Rules for Fair Loss Mitigation Review Process
- Options to Avoid Force-Placed Insurance - Update!
2:45 - 4:15 Eastern, Sonia J. Buck
- Promptly Correct Errors and Provide Information
- New Record Retention Rules
- Small Servicer Exemptions
- RESPA and Qualified Written Requests Regulations
- No Foreclosure Until All Alternatives Considered: Processing Loss Mitigation Applications
- To What Extent do Borrowers Have a "Right" to Modification
- New Servicing Rules, Bankruptcy Code and the FDCPA: Required Communications
- A New Wave of Foreclosure Defense
This timely audio webinar is designed for attorneys. Paralegals will also benefit.