How to Impress Family Court Judges and Build Your Reputation
In this unique course, the current family court judges share their expectations and preferences to help you make the best of your litigation efforts. Explore the egregious errors you must avoid at all costs so as not to jeopardize your case and damage your professional reputation. Register today!
- Hear from the judges themselves on what works and what doesn't in their courtrooms.
- Explore key factors that help the judges make custody and support decisions.
- Get a better handle on court investigations and their role in specific cases.
- Learn how dissipation and income disparity are reviewed by the local triers of fact.
- Draft better briefs and motions with direct guidance from the judges.
- Get tips for obtaining and admitting smartphone, email and social media evidence.
- Learn to tackle sensitive client situations without overstepping the ethical rules.
- Improve your courtroom presentation: find out what works and what doesn't.
Session Time: 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM Eastern
Break: 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM Eastern
Presenters: Hon. Michael Kraynick, Hon. Diego Madrigal III, Hon. Robert Segal, Hon. Diana M. Tennis
Moderator: Thomas R. Peppler
- Local Family Court Procedure: What Attorneys MUST Know
- Parenting Time/Custody - Critical Factors that Help the Judges Make Decisions
- Support Orders and Deviation from Guidelines
- Motions, Pleadings, and Briefs: Getting to the Point Quickly and Helping Decision-Making
- Equitable Assets/Debts Division: Specific Assets that Cause the Most Problems and Delays
- How Judges View Maintenance, Income Disparity, Dissipation, and Imputed Income
- Admissibility of Smart Phone and Social Media Evidence
- Case Presentation: What Judges Prefer and Prohibit