Your Essential Guide to Drafting Prenuptial, Cohabitation and Marital Settlement Agreements
Drafting a family law agreement can be a daunting task, especially given the boundless range of family make-ups, properties and the unique objectives of each client. In this program, our distinguished faculty will provide you with the insight you need to draft effective and enforceable prenups, cohabitation and marital settlement agreements for your clients' distinct circumstances and goals. Minimize disputes and protect your clients' interests in the event of a breakup - register today!
- Learn how to draft three key family law agreements - prenups, living-together and marital settlement agreements - in one program.
- Prevent enforceability issues: understand agreement pitfalls and problem provisions you need to pay attention to.
- Receive sample agreements you can modify and integrate into your own practice.
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern
Presenter: Rachel Platt
- Enforceable Prenuptial Agreements (With Samples)
- Financial Information You Need From Your Clients
- Provisions for Financial Arrangements During the Marriage
- Provisions for Dividing Assets and Liabilities During Divorce
- Other Key Clauses: Severability, Integration/Modification, Cooperation, Etc.
- Issue Spotting: Top Mistakes that Will Invalidate the Prenup
- Cohabitation/Living-Together Agreements (With Samples)
- Pitfalls You and Your Clients Need to be Aware of
- Key Clauses: Financial Roles and Responsibilities, Property Ownership, Medical POAs, etc.
- Sample Cohabitation Agreement Language and Forms
- Effective Marital Settlement Agreements (MSA) (With Samples)
- Recitals and Standard Provisions
- Clauses for the Division of Marital Property and Debt
- Tangible and Real Property - Drafting Tips and Commonly Overlooked Issues
- QDROs - Incorporating the Necessary Language into the MSA
- Best Practices for Dealing with Life insurance and Other Intangible Property
- Debt Division and Bankruptcy - MSA Do's and Don'ts
- Provisions for Child Custody, Visitation, Support and Alimony
- Addressing Custody and Visitation Issues
- Beneficial Provisions for the Implementation of Child Support Orders
- Child Support - Accounting for Variable Expenses and Tax Benefits
- Spousal Maintenance - Supplemental Provisions/Documents and Tax Issues
- "Problem" Provisions You Need to Pay Close Attention to
- Separation Agreements - Key Language and Sample Forms
This essential program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.